10 Best Facility Management Software in 2023
Every aspect of your facility is important, regardless of your industry. You need to set solid guidelines to handle its functioning, safety, and maintenance.
These factors fall into facility management, and companies use facility management software to easily perform these tasks.
What is facility management?
Facility management is the planning, coordination, and control of the operations and maintenance of a facility, such as an office building, factory, or school.
It involves using resources to ensure that a facility is being used effectively and efficiently and that it is maintained in good condition.
1. Developing and implementing maintenance plans
2. Managing budgets and resources
3. Managing and forging lasting relationships with vendors
4. Tracking and analyzing data top optimize facility operations
5. Managing energy consumption and sustainability efforts
6. Creating a seamless customer/occupant experience
FM is meant to bring the people, systems, and processes within these environments, and it continuously strives to improve the quality of life for people and help improve productivity.
We've shortlisted the best facility management software from customer interactions and from reviews across the internet to help you get started on your evaluation journey.
Let's dive right in!
Best facility management software in 2023
- Brightly Asset Essentials
- Hippo CMMS
- IBM Tririga
- RAM Facilities Management
The reviews below are sourced from GetApp and G2 (unless otherwise indicated).
*The reviews may be edited for clarity.
Using Facilio's facility management solution, you can:
- Schedule preventive maintenance
- Configure APIs
- Maintain task checklists
- Perform asset tracking through barcodes
- Perform property management
- Track notifications
- View floorplans
- Perform workspace management
- Handle facility operations
- Streamline maintenance requests
- Track key metrics
- Manage stakeholders
Facilio helps you stay on top of all team tasks, regardless of your location. Your teams can access the best tools to stay smart, responsive, and highly productive.
With Facilio, you don’t have to rely on emails and spreadsheets to keep track of information from work orders, assets, and tickets. This is a problem with all other solutions, big and small.
The platform delivers everything a facilities company needs, such as planned and unplanned maintenance, SLA compliance, contract management, and energy insights.
What users love about Facilio
“Innovative Software for contemplating various features that we only found if we had 2 or 3 different software.”
– Fernando M., GetApp review
Ready to upgrade to a modern, connected FM solution?
Talk to a Facilio product expert today!Get a demo
2. Brightly Asset Essentials
Brightly Asset Essentials is an asset management platform that helps operation professionals manage facilities, handle maintenance costs, boost productivity, and make better decisions. The solution also connects with different solutions in your ecosystem.
eFACiLiTY is a facility management solution that provides a complete perspective on all your facilities' operations by combining space, people, assets, and maintenance in a single solution.
QuickFMS is a cloud-based facility management solution that lets you organize, structure, and handle all the components in your business and across portfolios for efficiency, ROI, and performance.
5. Hippo CMMS
Hippo CMMS is a software tool that helps organizations manage maintenance tasks, schedules, and assets. It is designed to streamline maintenance processes and improve efficiency. In turn, this leads to cost savings and improved facility performance.
AkitaBox provides a solution that helps you optimize your facilities in real-time. You get access to facility data, conditions, and more in their solution helping you simplify operations, manage risks, and solve facility issues.
FMX is a cloud-based facility management software platform designed to help organizations manage the maintenance and operation of their facilities. It is designed to simplify upkeep operations and boost efficiency.
8. IBM Tririga
IBM TRIRIGA is a facilities management software solution that uses IoT and AI to provide users with better visibility into space and facilities, helping with occupant experience, administration, and more. It also has integrated workplace management system (IWMS) capabilities built in.
ServiceChannel provides managers with a solution to handle their facilities across their company. It is a single solution that helps handle repair, management, and maintenance data.
10. RAM Facilities Management
Real Asset Management's Facilities Management software helps modernize facilities and real estate management across industries. You can manage work orders on desktop and mobile, handle KPIs and streamline processes to reduce property management costs.
How to pick the best facility management software for your business?
Every company has unique facility needs. You need to keep this in mind while selecting a facility management solution.
Some of the questions you need to ask yourself are:
- What are the main challenges we are facing in terms of facility management?
- What specific tasks and processes do we need the software to support?
- Do we need the software to integrate with any existing systems or technologies?
- How will the software be used, and by whom?
- What is our budget for this software?
- Do we need a cloud-based solution, or do we prefer an on-premises solution?
- How important is data security to our organization?
- Do we need the software to be customizable, or do we need an off-the-shelf solution?
- What is our timeline for implementing the software?
Answering these questions can help you identify the key features and capabilities that are important to your organization and narrow down your options when evaluating different facility management software solutions.
Their input can be valuable in ensuring that the software meets the organization's needs as a whole.
Trends in facility management for 2023
Some trends that are set to shape the future of facility management include:
- Increased use of artificial intelligence and machine learning: This helps facility managers automate tasks, predict maintenance needs, and optimize facility operations.
- Greater integration with the Internet of Things (IoT): Facilities management software could become more closely integrated with connected devices and sensors, allowing for real-time monitoring and control of building systems.
- More emphasis on sustainability and energy efficiency: As businesses become more environmentally conscious, facilities management software could incorporate features that help managers track and reduce energy consumption and measure and report on the environmental impact of their operations.
- Increased adoption of cloud-based solutions: Many facility management software solutions are already delivered as cloud-based services, and this trend is likely to continue in the coming years. Cloud-based solutions offer many benefits, including reduced IT costs, increased scalability, and greater data security.
- Greater focus on data analytics and reporting: Facility management software could become more sophisticated in terms of data analytics and reporting, allowing managers to make more informed decisions about facility operations and maintenance.
If you're looking for an FM software that is robust, flexible, and scalable, Facilio is the perfect match for you!
Get in touch with our product experts today and learn how Facilio's Connected CMMS can unlock untold efficiencies for your facilities!
Discover the power of Connected operations with FacilioBook a demo
Facility management vs. facility maintenance
Facility maintenance and facility management are related, but they are different.
Facility maintenance refers to the tasks and processes that are necessary to keep a facility in good condition and functioning properly. This includes tasks such as repairing equipment, replacing light bulbs, and cleaning.
On the other hand, facility management is a broader term that encompasses the planning, coordination, and control of the operations and maintenance of a facility. It involves strategic decision-making and the use of resources to ensure that a facility is being used effectively and efficiently.
What is facility management software?
Facilities management software is used to track and schedule tasks, manage inventory and procurement, optimize energy consumption, and perform other tasks related to facility management.
Facility management software can be customized to meet the specific needs of an organization.
1. Work order management: tracking and prioritizing maintenance and repair requests
2. Asset tracking: managing equipment, inventory, and other assets
3. Energy management: tracking and optimizing energy consumption
4. Space management: tracking and optimizing space management within a facility
5. Maintenance schedule: creating and scheduling maintenance tasks
6. Reporting and analytics: generating reports and data-driven insights
Facility management software may also be referred to as computer-aided facility management (CAFM), computerized maintenance management software (CMMS), or enterprise asset management (EAM).
Who uses facility management software?
The stakeholders of facility management software include:
- Facility managers: Facility managers are responsible for the maintenance and operation of buildings and facilities. They are the primary users of facility management software and rely on it to help them manage tasks and optimize facility operations.
- Building owners: Building owners, such as landlords or property management companies, have a vested interest in the maintenance and operation of their buildings. They can use facility management software to track maintenance, energy consumption, and other aspects of building operations.
- Employees: Employees who work in facilities that use facility management software are stakeholders if the software impacts their work environment or processes. For example, employees can be affected by maintenance schedules or changes to building systems that are managed through the software.
- Customers: Customers of businesses that use facility management software are stakeholders if the software impacts their experience in some way. For example, if the software is used to manage customer service requests or reservations, customers can be affected by the efficiency of the software.
- Vendors: Vendors who provide services or supplies to facilities that use facility management software are stakeholders if the software impacts their work processes or payments. For example, vendors use the software to track orders or invoices.
- Regulators: Government regulators are stakeholders in facility management software if the software is used to track compliance with regulations, such as energy efficiency standards or building codes.
Benefits of facility management software
Facility management software offers numerous benefits to organizations that use it, including:
- Improved efficiency: Facility management software helps organizations streamline tasks and processes, reducing the time and effort required to manage facilities. This can lead to improved efficiency and productivity.
- Better asset management: It helps organizations track and manage their assets, including equipment, inventory, and space. This helps ensure that assets are used efficiently and effectively.
- Increased cost savings: The solution helps organizations reduce costs by optimizing energy consumption, minimizing equipment downtime, and automating tasks.
- Improved communication: It helps facilitate communication between different departments and stakeholders, making it easier to coordinate tasks and share information.
- Enhanced decision-making: The solution provides real-time data and analytics, helping organizations make informed decisions about facility operations and maintenance.
- Improved customer satisfaction: Organizations improve customer satisfaction and retention by using facility management software to track and respond to customer requests and feedback.
- Enhanced compliance: Facility management software helps organizations track and maintain compliance with regulations, such as energy efficiency standards and building codes.
Overall, facility management software helps organizations manage their facilities and resources better, improving efficiency and cost savings.