Learn how to work with Facilio’s mobile application and execute work orders, approvals, clear alarms, maintain assets, raise work orders etc.
a) An Introduction
Managing buildings becomes easier with Facilio’s mobile application. Assigning work orders, checking asset maintenance, granting approval, viewing reports and acknowledging alarms becomes an easy proposition for Facility Managers/Supervisors, especially when they are in a remote location away from the facility.
Maintenance work orders that need on-site inspection becomes easy with Facilio’s mobile application as the work can happen even on-the-go.
Note: Facilio mobile application can be used for android mobile or an iPhone. The interface design might differ in these two mobiles but the features would be the same
i) The Interface
You can enable and view any dashboard (as required) for your mobile through the Facilio web portal.
To enable a specific dashboard in your mobile –
- Go to Dashboard Manager in app.facilio.com.
- A list of all the dashboards that have been custom created will be visible here.
- For each dashboard view, the option to edit/delete or enable mobile dashboard would be available here. Tap on the toolbar menu (vertical ellipsis icon) given in each row.
- Select the option Enable mobile dashboard. The dashboard would become available in the mobile application immediately.
Monitoring, updating and maintaining assets becomes convenient in the mobile application. The asset option will provide you with the entire list of asset views categorized and segregated by type, category, active/inactive, space, utility etc. Custom views that you create (for your account) in the web portal will become automatically available on the mobile.
- Tap on All Assets to view System and Custom Views of assets.
A. Asset Summary
Tap on any asset name to view its summary.
- Overview: View basic details of the asset (Location Manufacturer’s name, tag number, warranty expiry date, unit price, supplier, retire date), operating hours, open work orders, alarms triggered for the asset, asset monitoring parameters (MTBF, MTTR, Downtime) and documents related to the asset (for example, a user manual). Options to add/view comments are also available here.
- Maintenance: View work orders (open and overdue) for the asset. Details about planned maintenance work orders and statistics about on-time completion will be available here.
- Readings: Readings related to the asset and values can be seen. You can also Tap on the link Show All Readings to see more details.
- History: View activity that is associated with the asset. Tap on the down arrow to view Move History and the Downtime History.
- Move History: Archives information about relocation of the asset
- Downtime History: Collates the information about instances of downtime
- You can select All History to view all details associated with the asset.
B. Editing Asset Details
You can edit/update details of each asset through the mobile application –
- Open Facilio Mobile Application, invoke Assets feature.
- Tap on the Asset name. Asset Summary details will open.
- On the top right of the screen, tap on the Toolbar menu (represented by vertical ellipsis icon).
- Tap on the icon and select the Edit option.
- You will be able to edit details of the asset such as – Name, Type, Asset Location, Department, Manufacturer, Serial Number, Tag, Part number, Unit Price, Supplier, Purchased Date, Retire Date, Warranty Expiry Date, QR Value, etc.
Note: If you wish to edit other details, you will need to login to the web account and edit the asset.
C. Creating a work order from the Asset Summary
You can also create a work order from the Asset Summary page.
- Tap on the Asset name and the summary page will open.
- On the top right, tap on the toolbar menu (vertical ellipsis icon) and select Create Work Order. (Note: Refer to photo 1.6 given above)
- Input the following details – Subject, Description, Category, Maintenance Type, Priority and Maintenance Staff (team).
Note: The fields given above are available in the Standard template. This will vary depending on the template that is selected. You can select a work order template by tapping on the dropdown menu given at the top of the work order. By default, the first template that is present will be loaded here.
- You can also upload photographs or files if required.
Note: This feature allows the maintenance personnel to raise work orders while they are on the site. Once the work order is created you can add further details to it.
D. Uploading files/documents/photos for an asset
You can upload files, photos or documents related to the asset.
- In the mobile app, tap on an asset. The Asset Summary page will open. Scroll down to the end of the page.
- You will find the Add Attachment option. Tap on the option to open a separate window. Here documents that are already uploaded can be viewed.
- Tap on the attachment icon given below the screen. Options to upload from Gallery, Camera or File will be available.
Note: Once uploaded, you will be able to delete the image/file only through the web portal.
E. Working with QR Codes
QR codes provide rapid access to asset information. By scanning the QR code, the maintenance personnel can immediately get access to the asset summary and view maintenance history, downtime statistics, alarms raised, readings and the entire activity history of the asset.
- Open Facilio Mobile Application.
- Tap on the Scan option given under the Assets feature.
- This will open the Camera option. If the location feature is not enabled in your mobile, you will be alerted to turn it on.
- Point the mobile towards the QR code pasted on the asset. Once the QR code is scanned, the Asset Summary page will automatically open.
The maintenance feature in Facilio’s mobile application provides you access to Work Orders, Approvals and the Calendar.
A. Work Orders
You can view the entire list of work orders generated and segregated according to different views (open, overdue, planned, unplanned, etc.). You can also create a custom view on the web and save it as a view, which can be accessed through the mobile application.
B. Creating an Unplanned Work Order
You can create an unplanned work order through the mobile application to fix unanticipated maintenance issues.
Open Facilio Mobile Application.
Go to the Work Orders section under the Maintenance feature.
Tap on Work Orders option to view the list of work orders that are presently open and active. Tap on the Pink Plus icon, two options will be present here – Unplanned Work Order and Planned Work Order.
- On the top of the page, you can select a template for the work order based on the nature of the work. Templates come with pre-filled details that can be used to add task lists for oft-repeated work orders.
- Fill in the details of the work order – site, subject, description, category, maintenance type, priority, site, space/asset, team/staff, category & priority.
- Select the checkbox ‘Send for Approval’, if the Supervisor/Administrator needs to approve the work request. Upload attachment (photo or files) if required and tap on Create.
- Once the work order is created, you can view the summary of the same. The work order can also be accessed through the web application and tasks can be listed. These tasks can be accessed through the mobile application by Tapping on the tab ‘Task’.
Note: If you are using a template, the tasks will be pre-filled.
C. Work Order Summary Page
Once the work order is created, you will be able to view the summary page. If the work order is assigned to you, you will be able to view it under My Work Orders view.
In the work order summary page, the following information can be seen –
- Overview: Basic details of the work order as to where it needs to be executed and how will be given here. If additional labour, tools or items are requested for this work order the current spend and the duration will also be available here.
- Tasks: List of tasks that needs to be covered to complete the work order will be given here.
- Items & Labour: Add items/tools and labour that would be required to execute the work order
D. Executing a Work Order
If a work order is assigned to you, it will start appearing in the My Work Orders view under Work orders in theMaintenance Section.
- Open the work order and scroll down the summary.
- Here you can go through all the details of the work order in the Overview.
- Scroll down to the end and tap on the button Start Work.
- Move onto the task tab to execute the tasks assigned to you.
- Once all the tasks are completed, you can tap on Resolve and Close the Work Order. You can also Pause the work order if you need additional materials to complete it.
Note: While the above-given flow is the standard Stateflow of Facilio, in a customized Stateflow (if activated for your facility) additional steps and processes might be included.
- If the work is not completed fully or if there is a recurring problem with the asset/space, you can reopen the task and address it.
Note: Closing a work order will require permission to be provided to your id. If this permission is not available you will be able to only Resolve the work order and it will be closed by the Facility Manager or Supervisor who has this permission.
Items & Labour
- If the work order requires additional tools, items or external labour, you can add the same here and begin the work once the items you requested are available.
- Tap on the tab items/tools and then on the pink plus icon given at the bottom right of the screen.
- A list of items that are available for the particular site will open.
- Select the items and the required quantity and tap on Done.
- If external labour is required to complete the work order -,
- Select the option Labour and tap on the pink plus icon.
- The list of users who have been listed as labour in Facilio will be available here.
- Select the name of the user and tap on Done.
- After adding the labour, update the date and time when their services would be required. Add a duration for the work order and tap on Done and then on Update.
- Once the tasks are completed and the work order updated, the status will show Resolved. The task will be closed after the facility manager/supervisor inspects the work done. Options to re-open or close will be available for them.
- Next, move onto the Tasks tab. As and when you finish each task, upload before & after photographs or input text/readings/numbers or comments (as requested).
- You can also tap on the button Close All Tasks, if all tasks are completed.
- If you are executing multiple work orders where the maintenance of a series of assets needs to be done, you can use the Scan Asset feature to scan the QR code of the asset to access the tasks that are associated with the asset.
- Tap on the toolbar (vertical ellipsis icon) given on the top right and select the Scan Asset option.
- Scan the QR code of the asset to view the tasks associated with it.
- You can also use the Task Filter option to view tasks that are associated with a particular asset.
- Tap on the toolbar (ellipsis icon) given in the top right. Select the option Task Filter.
- Select the asset name to exclusively view the tasks associated with it.
E. Executing a Planned Maintenance Work Order
To execute a planned maintenance work order –
- Open the mobile app.
- Go to Maintenance section and tap on Work Orders
- In the work orders view, select the Planned Work Orders from the dropdown.
- Tap on the Planned Maintenance work order you wish to execute. The Work Order Summary Page will open with details and instructions about how to complete the task.
Note: If you need additional tools, items or external labour to complete a work order, you can scroll down the work order summary and tap on the toolbar (ellipses icon) given next to the Start Work button and select Request Materials options.
- Tap on the button Start Work. If there are pre-requisite tasks assigned, you will need to complete them before you start the work.
- Pre-requisite tasks will vary for each maintenance work order based on the category and type. It could be a combination of safety protocols that you will need to follow (wearing safety clothing or switching off the main) before you start the work.
- In the Work Order Summary, tap on the tab Prerequisites.
- Prerequisite tasks will be listed here. As and when you complete each prerequisite Tap on the option Yes/No. Once all the prerequisite conditions are fulfilled, you will be able to move on to the tasks.
- Tap on the Tasks tab.
- Here, as and when, each task is completed, you can tap on the circle provided next to it.
- If the task setting requires that you provide an input (photo/reading/text/value etc.), you can move onto the next task only after you provide the requisite input.
- Tap on the image icon to open the window. An attachment icon will be visible at the bottom right. Tap on it to view options to upload an image from the gallery or to open the camera to take an image.
- You can also tap on Close All Tasks button.
- If the work order requires tools, items or external labour, you can add the same before you start the work.
- Tap on the tab Items & Labour. Here three tabs will be found – Items, Tools, and Labour.
- Tap on the Pink Plus icon present in the bottom right. A list of tools/items will open. Select your requirement and the quantity and Tap on Add.
- If external labour is required, Tap Labour tab and select the name of the personnel. Update the date and time when they will need to start the work. Estimate the work duration accordingly and Tap on Done.
- Once you request items/tools/labour, the status of the work order will be changed to Materials Needed. Once the Facility Manager/Supervisor approves the cost and the materials, you can start the work order.
- Once the tasks are completed, Tap on Resolve and the work order will be closed after the facility manager/supervisor inspects the work done. Options to re-open or close will be available for them.
The Approvals feature provides you with a list of work orders that need to be reviewed before they can be executed as work orders.
- Open Facilio mobile application.
- Go to the Approvals tab.
- Open a work request. The work request page will have three tabs – Overview, task, and attachment.
- Review the work request and check out the tasks that are assigned. Tap on Approve/Reject.
- To convert the request into a work order, you will need to add a few more details – Category, Space/Asset, Priority and Team/Staff. Once the details are added, the work request will move to work orders and will be assigned.
Calendar option is a handy tool that will provide you details about work orders that are due on the present date (today’s date) or on create time.
- In the Calendar, you will notice a red dot highlighted under a few dates. This indicates that work orders are available for that date.
- You can swipe the calendar right or left to view the next/previous months’ work orders.
- You can tap on the date to view the work orders that are due.
Reports feature in Facilio’s mobile application provides the facility manager/supervisor with an in-depth analysis of space and assets in the facility.
Reports can be viewed within folders categorized into buildings, category of the asset or type of work order. Reports and dashboards need to be enabled for mobile on the web before they can be viewed through mobile.
A. Change Date Range
Options to change the date range are available here. Tap on the date range that is given on the top left of the report to find date settings for the time period, data aggregation and duration.
Alarms in a facility can be triggered because it has met specific conditions in terms of readings or condition that have been pre-configured for an asset or space. Once an alarm is acknowledged, the facility manager will create a work order to address the situation and clear the alarm. For some alarms, the flow of activity will be clearly defined and they will be tackled automatically without any manual intervention from the facility manager.
Alarms feature in Facilio’s mobile application allows the facility manager to see what kind of alarms are being generated for the facility while on-the-go. It also gives him options to acknowledge or clear the alarm, based on the summary information provided.
B. Alarms View
Alarms are categorized according to priority, status and category can be viewed in the mobile application. This allows the facility manager to prioritize and view a relevant list of alarms that they wish to tackle first.
- Open Facilio Mobile Application
- Tap on Alarms given under the Diagnostics option.
- By default, Active alarms options will open. You can Tap on the ‘Active’ dropdown to view different categories of alarms that are generated – FDD Alarms, BMS Alarms, Agent Alarms, etc.
- You can also see specific Custom Views that are created on the web available on the mobile.
C. Alarm Summary
The Alarm Summary provides the Facility Manager with pertinent details as to why the alarm has been triggered.
Overview: Contains basic information about the alarm, name of asset/space, alarm rule associated with the same, trigger metric, where the asset is placed, alarm duration, possible solutions, etc.
Root Cause: If the root cause analysis is pre-configured for this particular alarm rule, it will provide the facility manager with an insight as to why this alarm was triggered.
Insight: The alarm is ranked on how commonly it occurs within the facility. Along with it, pertinent statistics about how often the alarm is getting triggered can be viewed here.
History: Provides historical data about all the alarms that have been triggered for the asset/space.
(Note: You can tap on the Date to adjust timeline and view historical information for a period of your choice.)
D. How to Acknowledge or Clear an alarm?
To acknowledge an alarm –
- Open Facilio mobile app.
- Go to Alarms feature under Diagnostics.
- A list of alarms segregated according to priority, category, etc. can be viewed.
- Tap on an alarm and open the alarm summary page.
- At the bottom of the screen, the Acknowledge button will be given.
- To clear the alarm, Tap on the ellipses icon given next to the Acknowledge button. The option to clear the alarm will be there.
E. How to add Comments
For each alarm, you can add comments, if required –
- Open the alarm summary page.
- Scroll down the overview page.
- Tap on Add Comment.
F. How to create Work Order
You can also create a work order for critical alarms that need to be addressed immediately.
- Open the alarm summary page.
- Tap on the toolbar (vertical ellipsis icon) given on the top right section.
- Tap on Create Work Order option.
- Select Team/Staff who will execute the work order, the category and the priority.
- Tap on Create.